Barry Chan, MD, FACS
Board-Certified in General Surgery and Cardiothoracic Surgery
Medical School: Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
General Surgery Residency: University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA
Fellowship, Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery Residency: University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA
Dr. Chan is the former Chief of Cardiothoracic Surgery at Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center in Charlotte. He is excited to bring his 20+ years of Cardiovascular and Thoracic surgery experience and contemporary cardiac surgery techniques to York County and the surrounding communities.
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Society
- North Carolina Medical Society
- Mecklenburg County Medical Society
Advance Heart valve and aortic operations with a special expertise in minimally invasive Mitral Valve repair.
- All adult cardiac and thoracic surgeries, including open heart surgery, minimally invasive surgeries, and percutaneous techniques
- Any benign or malignant disease of the chest wall, pluera, lungs, pericardium, or mediastinum
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm repair
- Aortic and mitral valve surgery